Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:48:55 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>, Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative seems to open up SB Live

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> AFAIK "port" is not an option, "re-engineer" is (from your no-GPL
> perspective at least).  We want to keep this kosher.

Odd question here, but, with the modules system we currently have,
*shouldn't* it be relatively easy to create a "port" (ie. in
/usr/ports/??) that installs the module, even if it is GPL'd?  Why do (if
they do?) a new modules seem to imply adding to the base source tree, vs
creating some sort of /usr/ports/modules  system?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org