Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:24:35 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Anybody know what causes "movie player" to return "ERR"?

I don't think this is OS-specific, but this morning I *wasted* a few
hours trying to watch a DVD of "Dr. Strangelove."  I tried to dd the
iso into /usr/tmp, but that errored out too.  No, I have 0.0 intent
of wasting the diskspace on movies, but just wonder if why /dev/dvd
and /media fail.  Ubuntu.  To use my FBSD server I would have to
crawl down and mess with the tray, etc.  --Things usually just-work
with linux.

Yeah, I am hip to this being a BSD list, and if no clues I will ry
my server before I return the movie to the library.  ...I would have
been a dollar that I could watch here at my desk.  Nope.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.90a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php