Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 21:48:04 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WindowMaker

> > > The updated port for Window Maker has been submitted for more than a week
> > > but no one has committed it - dig through GNATS to find it.
> >
> > I'd be interested to know if the update has any significant new
> > features and/or altered functionality or if it's just some bug
> > fixes.  I had a look at the version on the 2.2.8 CDs and thought
> > it was pleasant enough but fatally flawed for my customers
> > because of the clumsy method for navigating between desktops.
> > Has that been improved?
>
> I don't think Alt-1, Alt-2 to get to desktop 1 and 2 is so very clumsy.

It's a matter of opinion.  My customers think it's clumsy.
Therefore, as far as I am concerned, it is.

> It's the first good implementation of desktop walking with the keyboard
> I've found.

There are other window managers in the ports collection that use
simple key strokes to navigate around their desktops.  But, as I
said, my customers want to do it with a simple mouse click -- it
is a GUI, after all, and for them that means a mouse click.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>