Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:55:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        "Sergey S. Kosyakov" <ks@itp.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pthreads and select again

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Sergey S. Kosyakov wrote:
> It seems that multiple select()-s and sleep() or
> pthread_cond_timedwait() hang when are used in the same time (of
> cause, in different threads).

See:

There is a bug in the pthread kernel's handling of
pthread_cond_timedwait() that can cause bad things to happen.  The PR
includes a patch that I have been using for way too long now.  This may
not be what is causing your problem, but it's a good thing to check out.

Jason

Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
http://www.canonware.com/~jasone
Home phone: (650) 856-8204
Work phone: (415) 808-8742
"I once knew a happy medium.  Her name was Zohar." - James Foster