Date:      Thu, 06 May 2010 08:59:05 -0400
From:      "David emmel" <David.emmel@travimp.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hardware Compatibility

Hello all,

I have a quick question about server hardware compatibility. We're looking =
to buy a replacement server and the HP ProLiant DL320 G6 E5502 was listed =
as a possible option.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/15351-15351-3328412-241644-24=
1475-3929672-3942218-3942219.html=20

The FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE hardware list doesn't list the included Smart =
Array B110i SATA RAID controller as compatible so I was wondering if =
anyone had any experience with this hardware.

Alternatively if anyone has recommendations of a different model or brand =
of server that is more compatible in the $2500 range, please let me know. =
We use it for simple web development for a group of 12 people and run =
samba, apache, php, mysql

Thank you for your time,
David

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient =
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not =
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of =
the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.=
  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by =
reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any =
attachments.
Thank you."