Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:29:55 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, "flaggaccio@libero.it" <flaggaccio@libero.it>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache/PHP ports

CC'ing ports where this (and others) should be...

At 04:33 AM 10/13/00 -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 10:33:22AM +0200, flaggaccio@libero.it wrote:
>
> > > The ports system doesn't use symlinks.
> >
> > So why don't delete the old one?
>
>The files are gone, the directory structure probably remains because of
>a README.html file or extra stuff left over. I use cvs and not cvsup so
>I'm not really familiar with what cvsup does with dead directories.

Fairly sure that it will remove them and if not:

find /usr/ports -type d -mindepth 3 -name pkg -exec rmdir {} \;
find /usr/ports -type d -name patches -exec rmdir {} \;

Will safely clean them out.  The are 3 ports that have "patches"-like
directories left:

./games/flightgear/patches.tools
./security/pgp/patches.non_usa
./security/pgp/patches.usa
./x11-toolkits/xforms/patches.alpha
./x11-toolkits/xforms/patches.i386

Also there are only 39 non-English "pkg" dirs and those are preserved with
the "-mindepth 3" part.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve