Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 22:48:42 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Ruben de Groot <fbsd-q@bzerk.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stable BIND problem

Ruben de Groot wrote:
> Roelof,
>
> #whois akzonobel.nl
> [...]
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> oss.akzonobel.nl.       1D IN NS        gatekeeper.oss.akzonobel.nl.
> oss.akzonobel.nl.       1D IN NS        ns1.surfnet.nl.
> [...]
>
> Now try a "dig @gatekeeper.oss.akzonobel.nl ..." and then
> "dig @ns1.surfnet.nl ...". These 2 nameservers don't agree.

Hi Ruben,

Figures. Just my luck :). Don't know why I hadn't actually compared the
two. Why it did not penetrate me thick skull that neither FreeBSD nor I
were to blame. Guess I had not expected the unexpected.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious: it wasn't me ;).

I'll notify an involved culprit.

Roelof