Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 2004 07:42:34 +0000
From:      putnam@speakeasy.net
To:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD-ROM, UNIX"NEW GUY"

I have installed bsd on an a pentium II machine and using the cd-rom. As =
of now it is no longer working properly I cannot finnish installing all o=
f the cd's I purchasd. The cd-rom is 40x Delta "I think" model #OPC-K105/=
5 ST1. I am an art studdent with very littl knowledeg of computers but am=
 pursuing a degree in architecture and would really like to get the most =
out of learning this OS as I am sure that any knowledge of the subject wi=
ll aid me in the futer. I am looking into using AutoCad, MAYA, Photoshop.=
 I would really like to know how to go about   setting up a unix inviornm=
ent that supports those programs, if possible, and has  rendering capabil=
ities for the MAYA inviornment posibly linking multiple computers togethe=
r in a renderfarm. I am looking into the G5 but apple doesnt support Auto=
cad as of yet and to my knowledge OSx is a unix os. Thank you for your ti=
me. Joel Putnam