Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:33:10 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updated dialog-based config patches

>> (10.06.2002 @ 1321 PST): Kris Kennaway said, in 1.1K: <<
> I fixed this just now: the updated version has no further problems I
> am aware of.  I'm intending to commit this in the next week or two;
> speak up now if you have any comments.
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/bsd.port.mk-config.patch
>> end of "Re: Updated dialog-based config patches" from Kris Kennaway <<

what should happen for ports with long options descriptions? options
wherein there is something important the user must know about enabling
that option. once the description for an option gets long, dialog borks
and starts clipping text and buttons.

also, it would be nice to have some of the following line:
${SH} -c "${DIALOG} --checklist \"Options for ${PORTNAME} ${PORTVERSION}\" 21 70 15 $${DEFOPTIONS} 2> $${TMPOPTIONSFILE}";
put into a variable, like OPTIONS_FMT or somesuch. that way, if you
choose to define DIALOG as, for example, xdialog, you can pass different
sizing parameters.

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."