Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 06:45:20 -0500
From:      "Kevin McEnhill" <kevinm@kci.wayne.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fvwm problems

Howdy one and all,

I downloaded fvwm-2.0.41.tar from ftp.freebsd.org, and out of the
2.1.5 packages directory. I unpacked it, took a quick look-see at the
various config files and tried to run it. useing the 'startx'
command, I get some windows but no border around them and no windows
manager at all. When I exit XWindows, I find that the last comment
before the screen switches to a graphical mode to be something like;

Can't find libXpm.so.4.6

So using that as a clue I take a look at /usr/X11R6/lib and find file
names of the "lib???.so.6.0"

Should I be looking for the source package? Is there a way to tell
fvwm to use the files I have (the <stuff>.so.6.0)? Any sugestions?

< Insert witty phrase here >  kevinm@kci.wayne.edu <Kevin McEnhill>