Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 15:25:27 -0500
From:      "Chris Gage" <cgage@us.ibm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Writing a kernel module

--=_alternative 00703554852569AC_=

I've been looking, so far in vain, for some kind of guidelines about how I
would go about writing a kernel module for FreeBSD.  What I need to do is
more or less what a firewall or a router does, ie intercept packets at the
lowest level inside IP and either return them to the stack if I don't want
them, or forward them to some other IP address if I do want them.  If
anyone could point me to a place where this jewel of rather fundamental
information resides, I'd be very grateful.

Chris Gage -- IBM Corporation -- RTP, NC -- cgage@us.ibm.com -- (919) 254
5572 -- t/l 444 5572
--=_alternative 00703554852569AC_=

Chris Gage -- IBM Corporation -- RTP, NC -- cgage@us.ibm.com -- (919) 254 5572 -- t/l 444 5572</font>