Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:56:13 +0000
From:      "Liu Siwei" <swliu77@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   chinput can't work on KDE2.2.2

Hi,all:
    I have a question about FreeBSD's locale. I use the zh_CN.EUC locale to
let my FreeBSD support Simplied Chinese. It's all right in gnome 1.4. But in
recent version of KDE(aka. KDE-2.2.2), I can't set zh_CN.EUC locale for it.
For I have select the country is Asia-China, language is  Simplied Chinese,
code is gb2312.1980. I need not set any locale in my environment to display
Simplied Chinese at all. But for I have not set locale, I can't use chinput
in KDE. So I set my locale to zh_CN.EUC in my $HOME/.xinitrc. But when I
restart my KDE, it can't display Chinese word proper! in kedit, kwrite, etc,
I can use chinput through I can't input any Chinese word proper. If I set my
locale to zh_CN.GB2312, zh_CN.GBK or nothing, the KDE can display Chinese
word proper, but I can't use chinput.
    So, how to set ocale to let chinput work under KDE2.2.2?
    A very inportant QUESTION is: why FreeBSD want zh_CN.EUC while KDE is
not?
    My machine is AMD-K7 700, FreeBSD-current,all software are installed
from ports(sources).