Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:06:37 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   tweak geometric shapes

i have a mitsubishi diamondtron71 monitor. i use xFree86 3.3.6. I have a
slight problem - not major but it's bugging me. I noticed that my shapes
were a bit out of whack - squares not square, lines not straight ect. So I
pressed the factory reset button on the monitor - it said "user timing can
not reset".

I called mitsubishi, they said since the x-windows is using some "custom"
configs for the refresh rates ect. the monitor will not reset. So, I
connected the monitor to my NT4.0 box, and it was able to reset. But, then
when I reconnected it to my FreeBSD box w/X it was back to the distorted
shapeds - but note: imo, it is not x that's doing it, - it's imo, only a
matter of reseting the monitor to the right geometry.

There are about 7 different geometric adjustments on this monitor. Does
anyone have any idea how I could get it correct? Are there any test patterns
or procedures I could use to (instead of reset) tweak the geometric
rendition?

Thanks