Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:57:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marius <marius@mail.communityconnect.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UDP problems in 4.5-STABLE

Hmm... I had not read about that.  But then the source I grabbed was
almost a month back (Feb 26th by my count)  I had t test it on some of my
home machines before putting it anywhere near production.  Is this thus
applicable to the source I grabbed?

Besides that, how does one back out?  I am sure I could figure out how to
grab a spefic source tree with cvs, especially if I knew a the date in
question.  But is there a safe way to step back like that without
reinstalling?  (Something I assume I will have to do if I step back the
older, but less problematic 4.2-stable I came from.)

-Marius M. Rex

 On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Dave Hayes wrote:

> I know it's drastic, but perhaps you could back out to 4.5-RELEASEp2
> and see if that fixes the problem? If it does, this may be the
> "mysterious network error" that has been documented on the list
> some days ago.
>
> This, of course, presumes you haven't solved your problem yet. =)
> ------
> Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
>
> A person being delivered from the danger of a fierce lion
> does not object whether this service is performed by unknown
> or illustrious individuals.
>
> Why, therefore, do people seek knowledge from celebrities?

Do not try to solve all life's problems at once -- learn to dread each
day as it comes.
                -- Donald Kaul
:wq