Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:53:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ifq_maxlen on lo0

My boot messages recently have included a warning about the lo0
interface not setting the ifq_maxlen.  I'm not particularly
knowledgeable about the network code, so forgive me if I stumble a bit,
but I'd like to get rid of the warning.  I know that the lo0 interface
isn't expected to get backed up, since the users are in the same
machine, so setting the ifq_maxlen isn't of earthshaking importance, but
is there a reason for not setting this anyhow (I think in if_loop.c)?

It's either set it, or disable the warning, and I'm not in favor,
usually, of disabling warnings.  If this is the right way to go, I'll
look more into making the change ... is it correct?

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).