Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:27:23 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
Subject:   Re: What's this for ?

Terry Lambert wrote:
> You're right... I confused the "Live FS" with the "Live CD",
> which is a seperate image distribution.  Sorry for the bum
> information.

FWIW, on the original question of "what is it for", I personally
tend to use it to create chroot environments for hosted builds
across FreeBSD versions.  For this to work, you have to copy in
all the applications that care about sizeof(struct proc) and the
network structures (e.g. "w", "ps", "netstat", etc.).

-- Terry