Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:13:35 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Alexander Schlichting <alex@cshw.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recover Make ARG's from a ports Install

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 08:18:25AM +0100, Alexander Schlichting wrote:
> =20
>=20
> On a server I have a package installed using ports and now I have to inst=
all
> the package with exactly the same make arguments on another server. I just
> don't find a way to see what arguments where used to install it the first
> time. With Linux I would look into config.status is there something simil=
ar
> with FreeBSD? Sorry for having to ask but I am using FreeBSD for the first
> days now after 5 years using Linux only :)

If the arguments are given on the command line when invonkig make in the
port directory, they are not saved.

A mechanism (called OPTIONS) was later added to the ports infrastructure
that does save the arguments. Not all ports have been completely
converted to using options, and some arguments cannot be set with
options. But if arguments are set with the OPTIONS mechanism, you can
find them in the file /var/db/ports/<portname>/options.

Additionally, arguments can be set in /etc/make.conf. Those should look
like this:

=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M*/graphics/povray}
WITH_OPTIMIZED_FLAGS=3Dyes
=2Eendif

This means that when make is invoked in a directory that ends in
graphics/povray, the variable WITH_OPTIMIZED_FLAGS is set.

HTH, Roland
--=20

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--