Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:43:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quantum disk info needed.

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Josef Grosch wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 08:21:16AM -0400, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> >On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Josef Grosch wrote:
> >

> >> I recently was given an old quantum disk, model xp34300w. Since Quantum's
> >> web page seems to be down (did'nt they go out of business?) does anybody
> >> have any information about these disk ?
> >
> >Micropolis is dead (took 'em long enough), but I haven't heard of any
> >other drive manufacturer's getting bought or folding recently.
>
> OK, I was seriously confused there for a few.

No, not really, because they were bought by Seagate, so it was
reasonable to expect what you did.  Quantum's site is still there, tho,
and that's good, because Seagate's site has no old Quantum info on it.

Last night I got data from the Quantum site on an old 105S, which is
quite more aged than yours.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).