Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 23:14:30 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>, Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD trivia

"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> > I do.  Boy did they suck.  At least ELC's had an external SCSI
> > connector, SLC's were strictly diskless.  I think the iMac would
> > suffer the same fate if the masses weren't so stupid.  Why would you
> > buy a machine that you -cannot- add drivespace to?
>
> I'd lug my SLC upstairs and flat-bed scan it for you but that would
> require effort.
>
> Nonetheless, the SLC does have a SCSI port.
>
> And, no, in their time, they were quite nice.

Dayna Communications used one, connected to a 730 MB SCSI drive and
a QIC-150 tape drive in an external shoebox, for their FTP server
for years, until they were assimilated into Intel in early 1998.
That was a great little machine.  It was given to one of the test
engineers; he has it at home running NetBSD now.  ;^)