Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:30:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing the FreeBSD boot loader options

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> I have installed FreeBSD 4.7 on my desktop, which already had windows
> 2000 on it in a partition. I also have a second IDE disk in the computer.
>
> Upon boot, I get the following menu:
>
> F1 FreeBSD (default)
> F2 DOS
> F5 Disk 1
>
> How do I rename the label for F2 from DOS to Windows, and how do I
> eliminate F5, since it is not needed? I read the manpage for boot0cfg,
> but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Or do I need another boot manager
> like grub?

It calls it DOS because that is what it looks like to the boot manager.
I'd just ignore it - being an automatic boot manager there is no
end-user configuration to do, unlike with grub which someone else on the
list is already having big problems with.  The other nice this about the
FreeBSD boot manager is that it remember what you did last time and uses
that as default next time round.

--
W. Palfreman.