Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:33:30 GMT
From:      "Giorgio Bozio" <webgio@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   tandberg ns8 with on-board adaptec AIC-7890

I'm trying to install a tandberg tape ns8 (fast-Scsi) on a pc with a asus
P2B-S motherboard that has a on-board adaptec AIC-7890. The motherboard has
a quantum vicking II on (Ultra2 scsi) and has always worked fine. HD is on
ID 0 and tape on ID 4. The problem I encountered is that approx. 1 out of 3
boots (and reboots) the system hangs at the point when it says "waiting 15
seconds for scsi devices to settle". I wonder if changing the scsi_delay
setting in the kernel config and raising it would do any help.
Please help!
thank you,
Giorgio Bozio