Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:52:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, Robert L Sowders <rsowders@usgs.gov>, John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>, <developers@FreeBSD.org>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, <owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>, <stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3-RC5 now on ftp.freebsd.org

Hello,

> With or without probelms, I think we should have a "ftp-master" just
> like we have a cvsup-master server.
ftp-master with decent connectivity AND with rsync.

Mirroring ISOs is not too easy when then comes out every day. With rsync
and with a correct naming scheme, because mirrors can use rsync only when
the filenames doesn't change. This can be easily solved by static
filenames for each release (betas and RCs too) and symlinks to them which
can change over the release cycle.

This could solve this problem.