Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:51:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more dd(1) weirdness

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Apr 1999 12:07:09 -0400, Brian Feldman wrote:
>
> >   I think I've fixed all of the dd(1) weirdness, and these patches should be
> > committed (except for the part about block device lseeking, that should be
> > better thought out now).
>
> When you say "I've fixed all of the dd(1) weirdness", does that mean you
> believe your patches fix the reboots that occur when one tries to write
> past the end of a block device, eg ``dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/fd0''?

When did this start happening? I meant only dd itself, but I didn't know
that trying to write past the end of a bdev crashes you now... then again,
you're SUPPOSED to use a cdev to do that.

> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \__ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___/___/___/