Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:05:57 +0000
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS T2P4 and Adaptec 2940AU

I'm using the AHA2940AU with bioses ranging 1.10 to 1.23. They all
seem to work flawlessly with 2.1.5, have not tried the later release
with them though...hope this helps.

Randy Katz

> Date:          Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:42:41 +0100
> From:          Francois Pollet <fpollet@relay.perceval.net>
> To:            freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
> Subject:       ASUS T2P4 and Adaptec 2940AU

> Troubles in reboot with 2.1.6-RELEASE
>
> ASUS P55T2P4 bios 1.08
> AHA2940AU bios 1.21
> Seagate ST32155N 2.1Gb firmware 0532 with a FreeBSD only partition and
> standard MBR
>
> No problems during installation, geometry used is the geometry reported
> by a DOS fdisk (261/255/63), no errors reported during installation
>
> Everything works perfectly after a power on
>
> 2940AU hangs and fails to detect SCSI devices after a soft or a hard reboot
> A real power on is always required to restart the machine
>
> First I thought it was a compatibility problem between the T2P4 and the 2940AU
> but it seems to work fine with a DOS only partition
>
> Can somebody help ?
>
> Francois Pollet

Randy A. Katz
Computer Consultation & Sales
505 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 472, Beverly Hills, CA  90212
(213) 307-9581
randyk@ccsales.com
http://www.ccsales.com