Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 03:10:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        phiber@radicalmedia.com (Mark Abene)
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compaq's C++ compiler?

> > : #include <iostream.h>
> >
> > Might try
> >
> > #include <iostream>
> >
> > instead, since that's the new standard.
>
> The thought did cross my mind, but it didn't fix anything.  In fact, the
> example c++ programs that come with the compiler won't build, either, so
> something with the installation must be screwed up.  Though I have no idea
> what...  I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has tried to get it working.

FWIW:

The FreeBSD .mk files are known to be broken when you are using
a compiler other than the one that shipped with the system, and
have specified a "DESTDIR" target.

Basically, they will override your library and include paths,
and you will get the old, stale files that came with the OS,
if you are trying to use a new compiler.

This will generaally adversely affect RTTI and other C++ stuff,
including <iostream> and STL stuff, if you are not careful.

Not saying this is your problem, but it has bit me before...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.