Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 02:15:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net
Cc:        se@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ok to remove kde port?

 * From: Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>

 * Can we get rid of the version 1.0 kde* ports?  It seems as
 * though version 1.1 is stable enough now to not warrant having
 * two versions laying about.  If it is okay with you, after the
 * freeze I'll remove them and clean up the mess that's left
 * behind.  Thanks.

Actually Stefan sent me a mail regarding this a couple of days ago.
This is what he said:

 * 	  It appears that KDE-1.0 has been removed from the KDE mirrors, so we
 * probably shouldn't bother to include the old KDE ports anymore. OTOH, there
 * still are quite a number of KDE application ports, that LIB_DEPEND on the
 * old libraries. I found the following that want the the KDE-1.0 libraries:
 *
 * audio/kmikmod
 * audio/kmpg
 * deskutils/kproject
 * devel/ktranslator
 * graphics/killustrator
 * misc/kwatch
 * net/ksamba
 * palm/kpilot
 * print/klyx
 * x11/kworldwatch
 *
 * I'll check for as many as I can, whether I can make them build with
 * kdelibs11 instead of kdelibs ...
 * All the other KDE-1.0 port directories are not required any more, AFAICT.

I assume this means all the kde* != *11 ports can be removed except
for x11/kdelibs.

I'm not sure if there aren't any more that depend on stuff other than
kdelibs.  A quick grep on INDEX show the following:

>> for i in base games graphics libs multimedia network support utils; do echo -n "$i "; grep -c kde$i-1.0 /usr/ports/INDEX; done
base 3
games 3
graphics 3
libs 18
multimedia 3
network 3
support 5
utils 3

Since the ports themselves and x11/kde account for 2, there seem to be
a few more that depend on something other than kdelibs.

Satoshi