Date:      	Sun, 24 Dec 1995 13:14:22 -0500
From:      Brian S Wasserman <wasserma@crayola.cse.psu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   install disk wont prompt

Hello.  I have tried many variations of creating the boot.flp disk
and all have the same result.  I am positive there are no defects on
my floppy disk.  I have W95 and booted into dos mode.  I used the
same procedure to create FBSD 1.1.5 boot disks and it gets to a prompt
and I can work from there, but 2.1R will not have any response.

1.1.5 is no good for me because I have an EIDE 1.6 gig drive and it will
not recognize it.

I am running a Compaq Presario 924 CDS.  This equates to:
486DX2-66
8 megs RAM
525 IDE hard drive (near full)
16 bit soundblaster compatible card
EIDE controller card (SIIG, Inc) with 1.6 gig hard drive (Maxtor)
2x scsi cdrom
colorado t1000 (hewlett packard) tape backup drive (on floppy controller)

Does anybody have any ideas to how I may get FBSD 2.1R to go?  At
least far enough to give me the initial prompt?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Brian