Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 09:27:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE CDROM install instructions in FAQ??

I've searched the FAQ, I've searched the Handbook--both to no avail
(either that, or I simply didn't look hard enough).

Are there instructions for installing an IDE CDROM drive?  I've done my
best to follow my nose, I de-commented the ATAPI option and the wcd0
device from the kernel config and rebuilt the kernel, I have even run a
'MAKEDEV wcd0' in the /dev directory, yet I still am unable to even get
the CDROM probed on bootup..  It _IS_ an ide CDROM, plugged directly into
the second IDE device slot on a Triton MB (onboard ide).  The CDROM is a
hitachi cdrom.  For the kernel config I simply copied GENERIC and
decommented the two pertinent lines (ATAPI and wcd0).  What am I missing?

-Brandon Gillespie