Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 00:52:47 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        scott@statsci.com
Cc:        rnordier@iafrica.com, davidc@pdd.3com.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Availability of Win95 Filesystem on FreeBSD?

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Scott Blachowicz wrote:

> Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com> wrote:
>
> > However, an enhanced version of 'mtools' has recently been released, so
> > this may be of some use in the meantime.
>
> You mean mtools-2.5.4?  I've started trying to make a FreeBSD "port" of
> that, but it died in the compilation complaining about something having to
> do with timezones.  I haven't had the time (for a while now) to get back
> to it and fix it up, but I hope to.  Of course, by the time I get back to
> it, someone else will have probably done it...

Yes, I meant 2.5.4, though I probably erred in recommending this, as it
is very much a beta release.  (The maintainer suggests somewhere that
those interested in actually _using_ the package should wait for 3.0.)

I've been playing around with it, but I was mostly interested in getting
bits of it to fail, rather than getting the whole of it working.  (For
comparison with the msdosfs design.)

I see from archie that there is a 2.5.4a (11 Feb) out at a few sites,
if anyone does want to work on a port.

--
Robert Nordier