Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:13:22 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22St=F8ttrup=2CJan_JSU=22?= <JSU@kmd.dk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Error installing FreeBSD 4.5

Hello

I have been trying to install FreeBSD 4.5 on a Compaq Proliant 2500, =
but
everytime I get to the menu-page where I'm supposed to select=20
how I wish to install, it simply freezes up. It doesn't react to any =
input I
give it. I have been watching the boot-process very carefully and I=20
haven't been able to spot any error og failures during.
I've tryed booting from both floppies and from CD.

Since I don't get an error message returned it is kinda hard to figure =
out
what happens. I've read all the faq's I could find and searched the =
net,=20
without any luck. I hope you can help.

The machine is a Compaq Proliant 2500 server, with 320 MB RAM, dual
PentiumPro 200Mhz CPU's and a Compaq Array controller. The=20
server has previosly been running WinNT4.0 and Win2K flawlessly.

Kind regards.

Ian St=F8ttrup
SysAdmin
Email:    Jsu@Kmd.dk