Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:04:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Beitzel <sbeitzel@envolved.com>
To:        juha@saarinen.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: All the x11-wm ports b0rken in 4.1.1-STABLE?

On 27 Oct, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> 	ports-all tag=.
[...]
> Might be an idea to document that somewhere... I can't be the only one
> being bitten by it.

It is documented; you just have to know where to look!

Take a peek in /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile as an
example, and /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile. The latter
includes a comment warning about making sure you include 'tag=.' if you
cvsup ports at the same time as the rest of the world.

Yes, it took me a little while to find this.

Also, the online handbook at http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook makes a
note of this in the section on cvsup and the ports tree.

Steve