Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:25:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        haughtlists@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new wi0 slowness

In message: <OE15xdJXNMZaxSFoH6o0001009e@hotmail.com>
            "Matt Haught" <haughtlists@hotmail.com> writes:
: I can change the media through ifconfig to DS/11Mbps or whatever, but it
: does not seem to change anything other then ifconfig will show "media: IEEE
: 802.11 Wireless Ethernet DS/11Mbps <hostap> (DS/2Mbps <hostap>)" rather then
: autoselect.  The same slowness is still there.  wicontrol shows it as having
: a TX rate (actual speed) of 2 no matter what.  I can set the (selection) to
: anything such as 11, and again no change in the throughput or anything.  I
: have also changed things with the old driver, and nothing changed with the
: throughput, and it also shows the (actual speed) as 2 but I get higher
: throughput.  It seems to kinda have a mind of its own.  Well if you need
: anymore info, just drop me a message.  I enabled debugging for wi0 as a
: earlier post showed, but I had no idea what I was looking at :).

This has nothing to do with your slowness.  The firmware in the card
always reports 2Mbps to the driver.  The slowdown comes from
elsewhere.

Warner