Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:08:48 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        tobe_better@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI memory alloc..!

In message: <BAY22-F21n8P5o7P6um0003a4ff@hotmail.com>
            "Auge Mike" <tobe_better@hotmail.com> writes:
: While I was trying to track to find out how a device alloc a new memory
: resource, I have been little confused on finding out how the new PCI device
: can deal with a case when the activation calls pmap_mapdev????
:
: What I need to understand that what will happen if pmap_mapdev allocated a
: new space that dose not match what is expected by the device and determined
: by r_start and r_end ??

The pci bus deals with allocating and mapping the memory.  Getting the
bus handle and bus tags will let you access it via the bus_space
routines or the bus_dma routines.  pmap_mamdev is done under the
covers and you'll not need to worry about such things.

Warner