Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 23:25:28 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beta Testers For Applixware?

According to Jamie Bowden:
> You didn't get to experience the joy of running snapshots after 2.0 was
> released anxiously awaiting 2.0.5.

And the joy of current at that time... I remember the day David committed
the new VM, days after 2.0-RELEASE:

davidg      95/01/09 08:06:03

 Modified:    sys/conf param.c
              sys/i386/i386 machdep.c pmap.c trap.c vm_machdep.c
 Log:
 These changes embody the support of the fully coherent merged VM buffer cache,
 much higher filesystem I/O performance, and much better paging performance. It
 represents the culmination of over 6 months of R&D.

 The majority of the merged VM/cache work is by John Dyson.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #2: Sun Nov  8 01:22:20 CET 1998