Date:      Mon, 19 May 2014 10:52:22 -0400
From:      Nathaniel W Filardo <nwf@cs.jhu.edu>
To:        Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10-STABLE/sparc64 panic

--Ie5iOtK4e9kgqh2F

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 07:58:53PM -0400, Nathaniel W Filardo wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 01:06:41PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> >   Nathaniel, I assume you saw Eric's email saying he'd narrowed it down=
> > r263478?  If that's accurate, it links it to four revisions from head. =
 So, that
> > is a big head start on the bisection...  I'd think r262763 is the obvio=
us candidate
> > of the four mentioned, as it's the only big one.  At that point we'll n=
eed someone
> > pretty familiar with the networking parts of the kernel and sparc64, an=
d I'm
> > certain I can't fill that role.
>=20
> Indeed.  After staring at the changes for a while and getting nowhere, on=
> whim, I removed everything of substance in that commit in a new build of =
the
> head of stable/10 branch (that is, I nuked all the counter_* calls and
> renamed the counter entry so that I was sure I didn't miss any) and it st=
ill
> panic()d in the same way.  Nothing else looks like it could possibly
> manipulate spinlocks, so just to be sure I'm re-bisecting.  If this
> bisection yields the same result, I'll probably try diffing the generated
> assembler, but I'm not sure what I expect to see from that.

I am having trouble bisecting, and it's slow going, but I should report that
a clean build of dbd9b17 (r262853), which is well before 03fdc293 (r263478)
-- also exhibits this problem.  I believe 04e37d68 also problematic, just in
case anyone else is out there looking, but I may have flubbed testing that
one.  Will report back soon.

--nwf;

--Ie5iOtK4e9kgqh2F

--Ie5iOtK4e9kgqh2F--