Date:      17 Feb 2004 07:04:12 -0600
From:      Mike Oliveri <moliveri@uti.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PERC3 SCSI RAID firmware upgrade

I've got one PE1650 that had the same issue. That's one of my Win2K
boxes (for the moment) so I was able to run Dell's script straight from
within Windows, but it pretty much boots the DOS CD (CD 2) as one of the
steps and runs the sofware from there.

It basically flashes the PERC card BIOS and firmware and flashes the
motherboard BIOS if necessary. The whole process took about an hour, but
that also included uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Dell
OpenManage software, which was a good chunk of time itself. I don't
recall it ever running a consistency check, but the paperwork did claim
it would run one in the background (presumably through the Dell
software) and I didn't check on it.

Good news is the process did go off without a hitch. I ran backups just
in case, of course, but again, no problems.

Good luck!

Take care,
Mike