Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:30:23 +1000
From:      <iamcarmoda@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Will 5.1 run on the new Intel 865G 800fsb chipset ?

Hi,

i am building a new server for a client and my hardware vendor changed my
usual hardware profile to use an 800fsb ASUS Mainboard, it runs the Intel
865G chipset. I have tried installing 5.1 but it cannot see to onboard
Ethernet and seems to get upset running the mouse when the XF86 server
starts up for some reason.

i have been using sis chipsets previously with no trouble. what i would like
to know is, will it ever run, and if so can i get pointed to some resource
where i might be able to get it working somehow.--

Regards,

Carmoda
iamcarmoda[remove-spam]@hotmail.com