Date:      Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:02:19 -0500
From:      Peter Thoenen <peter.thoenen@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Setting up Smart Cards? (SCR3310)

Morning everybody,

How exactly does one setup FreeBSD (primarily Firefox and Thunderbird)
to use smart cards.  While I understand both FF and TB have security
device settings, trying to figure out how to get FreeBSD to first
recognize my card.  I have both a STCII and a SCR3310 and not sure what
do once I plugged them in and inserted card.  Can't find any
documentation on this either.

# dmesg
ugen0: <SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR3310 USB Smart Card Reader, class 0/0,
rev 2.00/5.18, addr 3> on uhub3
ugen0: at uhub3 port 2 (addr 3) disconnected
ugen0: detached
ugen0: <SCM Microsystems Inc. STCII Smart Card Reader, class 0/0, rev
1.10/1.40, addr 3> on uhub3

And then what?

Thanks,

-Peter