Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:47:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   .? .=

I just installed a disk and after doing fdisk and disk label on it and
then mounting it. I get this when doing an ls
.? .=

I could still write to the disk just fine but was worried so I did an fsck
on it. It ended up fixing things and created a lost+found directory on the
disk. My problem is, I have a hard time putting much faith in this
drive now out of fear that something must have been wrong from the get go
and is now in some sort of "hanging by a thread" mode and will eventual
fail on me.   In my utter ignorance to disk issues I'd like some
information from anyone with a clue as to what the   .? .= meant, so I can
either trust this thing or do something differnt.

Comments??

Keith