Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:25:37 -0700
From:      bmah@cisco.com (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        "Nader Turki" <nturki@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipv6

--==_Exmh_1117270125P

If memory serves me right, "Nader Turki" wrote:

> I just installed FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE. Well, I got this new thing that's
> called IPv6 older versions of FreeBSD never asked me that before. Anyway I
> said YES and hope that's not gonna casue me any trouble. 'cause i have no
> idea what ipv6 is. can someone tell me if it's gonna cause me any problem?
> 'cause i'm shipping my box to NY tomorrow morning.

IPv6 is the next version of the Internet Protocol (otherwise known as
IP, or IPv4).  If you don't know what it is, you probably aren't going
to be using it for anything, so I'd suggest turning off the applicable
line in /etc/rc.conf.

Is is going to cause you any problems if you leave it on?  Probably
not, but why have a feature turned on that you won't (in all
likelihood) be needing?  Especially since you're shipping it off to a
remote location (presuming that New York is not where you are).

> I have the following lines in /etc/rc.conf
>
> ipv6-enable="YES"
> usbd_enable="YES"

I wasn't sure if you were asking about this or not, but for more
information on usbd, "man usbd".  It's a part of the suppport for the
Universal Serial Bus.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1117270125P

--==_Exmh_1117270125P--