Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:13:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy <deimos@lewman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.5 now available . . . . .

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

> best we can, so it's very frustrating to us when someone sits "on the
> outside" and says in effect, "I don't have time to do even the smallest
> thing to help you make it better, but I do have time to criticize."

	I don't consider myself on the outside, perhaps the outer
fringe.  I've submitted PRs when I went from 1.x to 2.x, and through the
ELF conversion, and from 2.x to 3.x, and saw that others have already
submitted my bugs on the 3.x to 4.x path.  I do what I can.  At this
point, I don't have the time to figure what when wrong, when 4.1 is
released, I'll check it out.  I'll submit the PRs then, if any.

> too. It's the middle ground of "criticize, but don't help" that makes me
> nutso, but that's just me.

	Just to end this thread, my final statement is:  don't judge my
entire past history with FreeBSD based on one reply about stability.  I've
been a fbsd user/admin/contributor for a long time.  Those that have
worked with me on ports, code, docs, and advocacy know I'm one of the
biggest team players and BSD zealots you're ever going to meet.  I'm sorry
this attitude hasn't been prevalent throughout this conversation.

--

|  Andy   |     e-mail      |      web       |
|         | andy@lewman.com | www.lewman.com |

The surest protection against temptation is cowardice.
		-- Mark Twain