Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:31:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Loren Daniel Koss <loren@boingo.pciway.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiple NICS questions..

okay, I rebuilt my kernal to recognize the second Etherlink III (wow!) and
I set it up in sysconfig to give it an IP and all.  when I do a netstat
-i, I see both interfaces properly.  Now, here comes the question: Why
can't I ping the other card?  I can only seem to ping IPs on my first
card.  I figure its either something with IPFW or something having to do
with routes.

Also, I have mutliple IPS on my first card which work fine from the
outside, but I can't ping them directly from that machine. How come?  Is
it because of routes as well?

Also, when I set up the alias using the following command:

ifconfig ep0 206.0.98.60 alias

I get an error saying file exists, yet it still works.  Am I doing the
command wrong?

Thanks..

-Loren