Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:22:27 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
Subject:   Re: size of disks

Zoltan Sebestyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm planning to change a PC's OS from WinNT to FreeBSD, which is an
> AppleTalk server. My question is that how big drives can the FreeBSD
> handle(The drives in question are about 4G's each).

> Sebestyen Zoltan                        It all seems so stupid,
>                                         it makes me want to give up.
> szoli@caesar.elte.hu                    But why should I give up,
>                                         when it all seems so stupid?

some appletalk versions may have size limitations

FreeBSD can handle very big partitions.

BTW there is a bug in the appletalk code in FreeBSD
in the case where you have a netrange, and the route to
another network is on a different net number in your
netrange than you are..

I'll be fixing it in the next few days..