Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 18:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM 560?

>>  * Is there any hope of making this combo card (a USR) work?
>
>Not in the short term.  It's WIP for Nate.

D'oh.  I know Nate isn't working on it!  I think one of the nomads is
though, but even then I'm not sure it's the USR.  If there's a volunteer,
there's a *chance* I can come up with a card.

>>  * Has anyone ever configured a Laptop with the port replicator to work
>>    with the display?
>
>Not sure I know what you're on about here; I'm not familiar with the 560.

A port replicator as I understand it is a gizmo that you have sitting on
your desk that you plug your monitor, keyboard and mouse into.  Then when
you walk in with your laptop (be it the IBM 560 or something else) you
just plug it into this gizmo and viola, you've got a full desktop sorta
look and feel.  It's similar I think to the docking stations that Macs
use.

I think.  That's what I'm going on anyway.