Date:      24 Sep 1997 19:19:35 -0000
From:      Jason Alan Nordwick <nordwick@scheme.xcf.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   planned AGP support ?

I am in the middle of building a new system for my use, and I purchased
one the the new Tyan dual P2 motherboards.

First, since it is a dual processor system, does only the 3.0 branch
support them ? or does 2.2, also ?

Second, it supports the new Advandced Graphics Port (AGP) (just another
dataline between main memory and the graphics card), but so far no
OS supports AGP (win98 says that it will in the second release).  I
retrieved the AGP spec from Intel and it doesn't look like too much work,
so I was curious if anybody is planning on making the support ?

I don't want to step on anybodies toes.

Jay
--
Join the FreeBSD Revolution!