Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:59:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        sef@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux /proc and vmware.

for various reasons it looks more an dmore like we will need to do this
simply for practical reasons.

In particular for vmware, but also for other packages.

the hack at http://www.enst.fr/~beyssac/freebsd/
seems a good one to me. (as a starting point.

might I suggest that we make a decision to allow procfs to be mounted with
a -linux flag and act more like the linux programs expect.?
(particularly we could mount it at /compat/linux/proc with the -linux
flag).

julian