Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:23:12 -0500
From:      Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wi patch

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 03:22:54PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> > These patches make my lucent cards almost useful  They are in 1Mbps
> > mode, it seems, but at least they work with a fair amount of
> > reliability.  Don't try to set the media just yet.
>
> Hi Warner--
>
> I'm almost hesitant to post this, but I tried this patch, and a
> Lucent WaveLan Silver card that I have is still a paperweight.

Out of curiosity, what's so bad about these cards?  I'll admit that I've
used nothing other than Lucent cards, but I don't find anything to
complain about with them.  They seem to work fine talking to each other
and I can't complain about speeds or reliability of the signal.  Maybe
it's just because I have nothing to compare them to? :)