Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        craig@tuna.progroup.com
Subject:   routed flags (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Khetan Gajjar -----

> Hello all.
>
> I am running FreeBSD 2.1-r on a dialup ppp session. Should I be running
> routed -q or routed -s in my sysconfig ?
>
> ---
> Khetan Gajjar
> Visit at http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan/
> UUNet-Internet Africa Operations
> help@iafrica.com or  0800-030-002

----- End of forwarded message from Khetan Gajjar -----

I just started using a freebsd box for my ppp connection after using a
Solaris 5.4 box for some time.  The connection is to stay up all of
the time to provide a low speed (28.8) permanent connection to the
internet.  Should this box be a "gateway", a "defaultrouter", and what
should the routed flag be?

(BTW, the solaris box couldn't hack it.  It kept dropping the connection
and crashing every week. :*(  )

Thanks,

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088