Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:38:50 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, green@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: International Crypto/ssh broked yet again by deletion of rsa_eay.c,v

>Just add src-crypto-rsa to your cvsup file. Look in
>/usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/secure* to see how.

I'm already using cvs-all and cvs-crypto (via update.sh from the cvsup-mirror
port).

The problem is that sometime between
	CVSup update begins at 2000-06-26 07:44:17 UTC
and
	CVSup update begins at 2000-06-29 06:43:09 UTC

someone repo-deleted rsa_eay.c (not cvs deleted, not moved into Attic, but
deleted the whole ,v file).

Presumably, this was part of the following commit to ssh.c:
------
revision 1.8
date: 2000/06/27 21:17:25;  author: green;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -1
MFF:
So /this/ is what has made OpenSSH's SSHv2 support never work right!
In some cases, limits did not get set to the proper class, but
instead always to "default", because not all passwd copies were
done to completion.

But secure/lib/Makefile still uses rsa_eay.c (the existence of which triggers
the compilation and installation of librsaINTL).

This deletion causes librsaINTL to be silently ignored, hence new installations
in non-US locations cannot get working SSH and other crypto.  Existing
installations with existing librsaINTL libraries will probably continue to work
for a time, until the library code changes.