Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:48:05 +0900
From:      Akinori MUSHA aka knu <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        ady@warpnet.ro, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/14359: Update port: mail/imap-uw

	Hi,

At Sat, 11 Dec 1999 18:10:07 +0200 (EET),
Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro> wrote:
>  What bothers me is that I never found time to work on this; you're
> welcome to take maintainership of the port if you feel (and it seems you
> are) better suited to maintain it!
>
>  It's just that I would like you to take the good ideeas that I and my
> predecesors have put in -- like shared library building & versioning and
> preparing a strategy for separating the c-client library from Pine &
> imap/pop daemons (did you notice that both Pine & imap-uw compile the same
> library sources ?)...

	Yes, and I've been trying to port imap-utils which also use
the c-client library. Actually I've already had them work with the
shlib, but now having a problem that they always try to connect to
servers via rsh... I'm analyzing it.

>  So, if you feel like jumpin' in the maintainer "business" just step
> forward ;-) !

	Well, I know you are a pine user but I'm not, and no doubt
you are the one who should maintain pine & imap-uw simultaneously. I
just worried about your load.

	Anyway, I'd like to work with you. I'd appreciate it if you
could give me some advice about my future work. Thanks.
--
                     /
                    /__  __

"We are but hungry..  Associated Ita-meshi Daemons!"
                                   http://www.idaemons.org/